Let’s say you are in search of taking a home loan, but you don’t yet where to start. You hear a lot about North State Bank Mortgage and wonder if it is the right choice for you. Then, you decided to research more about it to learn about the services they offer.
In this article, we will give you an overview of Nort State Bank Mortgage about their service. Also, we will provide their application process so that you have a guide if you want to apply to them.
North State Bank Mortgage About and Attributes
North State Bank is a traditional brick-and-mortar bank headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. It has $833 million in assets and $756 million in deposits, making it a medium-sized bank. Unfortunately, North State Bank lacks premium access to support representatives. There is no live chat or all-day service available, so customers must visit one of its physical locations to speak with someone.
SmartAsset experts have given North State Bank a great rating, and it should be seriously considered. It has a wide variety of product offerings, including savings accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, CDs, IRAs credit cards, and mortgage products. Additionally, its savings rate is fair as compared to other average saving account rates. If you’re looking for personal checking without any hassle or monthly fees, North State Bank’s standard checking account is ideal.
Your best option for making the most money off of your deposits while still having easy access to them is a bank that offers free checking and a high-interest-rate savings account.
To know more, here are the characteristics of the company:
- Reliability: The company promise to always be trustworthy.
- Cooperation: Leaving behind self-centered goals for the benefit of others.
- Hard work: They are dedicated to their work and always perform to the best of their abilities.
- Consistency: Focusing on who they are and what they do best.
- Equality: They always try to make decisions that will benefit our shareholders, customers, and employees.
North State Bank Mortgage Home Loan Options
A home loan is a loan that someone takes out in order to buy a house. It is important because it allows people to purchase a home without having to pay the entire cost upfront. This means that people can spread the cost of a home over a period of time, making it more affordable.
Additionally, home loans are also important because it typically has lower interest rates than other types of loans, such as personal loans. This makes them a more attractive option for people who are looking to finance a home purchase.
When taking out a home loan, it is important to shop around and compare different offers in order to get the best deal possible. It is also important to make sure that you can afford the monthly payments on a home loan before signing any paperwork.
If you want to apply for a home loan in North State Bank Mortgage, they have different home loans available for you. Here is the list for it:
- FHA Loan: They have low credit requirements and a small down payment so that you can begin flexible payments.
- VA Loan: If you are or have served in the United States Armed Forces, including as a reservist or member of the National Guard.
- USDA Loan: Your new home will be located in a rural area.
- Fixed Rate Loan: A mortgage payment that stays the same month-to-month.
- Adjustable Rate Loan: The interest rate on this loan gradually rises over time, but has a lower rate in the beginning.
- No Down Payment Mortgage: If you’re looking to finance the entire purchase price of a home that costs $350,000 or less.
- Jumbo Loan: The loan amount will exceed $647,200 and the down payment must be 10% or more of the purchase price.
- 100% Physician Financing: As a physician, you may have 100% financing for a home purchase.
- NC Home Advantage Loan: If you earn $99,000 or less annually and want to purchase a home in North Carolina, this is for you.
North State Bank Mortgage Application Process
Applying for a mortgage with North State Bank is easy. Here is a step-by-step guide to getting a quote from them:
- Submit an online application.
- After completing the application, a loan officer will contact you to discuss your options and answer any questions you may have.
- Then, you will need to input your financial information. This includes your income, asset, and debts.
- Once your loan officer has this information, they will be able to provide you with a personalized quote.
- From there, you can choose the loan that best suits your needs and lock in your rate.
- Finally, all you need to do is sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
North State Bank Mortgage Do’s and Don’t During the Process
It is essential to remain financially stable from the moment you apply for a mortgage through closing day. If your financial situation changes at any point during this process, it could jeopardize your loan approval. The following are things you should and shouldn’t do during the mortgage loan process.
Do’s During the Process in North State Bank Mortgage
- You should use credit cards as you typically would. If you don’t usually use credit cards, it’s best to keep your activity low. However, if using credit cards for daily/weekly expenses is part of your normal routine, continue doing so.
- It’s important to keep all your accounts up to date. This includes paying bills and commitments on time, such as child support, car loans, student loans, credit/store cards, utilities, phone service, and cable.
- Always consult with your lender prior to making decisions that could compromise the progress of your mortgage, no matter how big or small those changes might seem.
- Be sure to make your mortgage or rent payment on time and in full each month.
Don’ts During the Process in North State Bank Mortgage
- If you must change jobs, always communicate this to your lender beforehand. Employment changes that involve a decrease in income, commission-based pay, or a shift to a different field may cause red flags.
- Do not make any large credit purchases, no matter how much you may need or want the item for your new home—this includes appliances and furniture.
- To avoid any inconsistency in your financial records, try to keep the amount of money being transferred between accounts as steady as possible.
- If you’re considering making a large purchase, such as a car or house, hold off on signing any contracts. Upgrading your vehicle lease to something bigger is also unadvised.
- Pay off debt.
- Request credit from any source, whether it be a store-specific card or consolidating your student debt.
- Avoid changing your credit lines or closing any unused credit accounts while applying for a mortgage. Mortgage lenders will often take a close look at your credit score when considering you for a loan, and even positive changes to your account can temporarily lower that number.
- Switching to a different bank or credit union, or opening up a new account with your current financial institution.
- Avoid deposited funds that are difficult to document. For gifted money, you will need a signed letter from the giver as well as other possible documentation.
- Don’t ask for money from non-bank sources, such as a family member or friend.
- If you’re ever falling behind on credit card bills, know that just one 30-day late payment could potentially cost you 110 points on your credit score.
- Avoid signing a loan with another person as the borrower.
The mortgage process can be daunting, but as long as you stay on track and avoid any potential roadblocks, you should have no problem securing the financing you need to buy your dream home.
North State Bank is here to help make the process as seamless as possible for you. They understand that everyone’s financial situation is different, so they offer a variety of mortgage products to meet your unique needs.
Contact them today to learn more about their mortgage offerings and how they can help you finance your new home.
If you have any questions, you can comment down below!
When should I start the mortgage process?
You should start the mortgage process as soon as you’re ready to buy a home. The sooner you start, the more time you’ll have to get everything in order and avoid any potential roadblocks.
How long does the mortgage process take?
The mortgage process can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. It all depends on how prepared you are and how quickly you can get everything in order.
What do I need to do to get started?
To get started, you’ll need to gather up some important documents, including your tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements, and more. You can find a complete list of what you’ll need on North State Bank’s website.
Quick Links: Tips & Info | Tabor Mortgage Group | Allied Mortgage Group | Hallmark Home Mortgage